Surveyor can use the reflected light to determine the distance between the instrument and the prism pole, allowing for accurate measurements of both horizontal and vertical distances.
Adjustable tension via a set screw in the handle
- Simple and fast setup.
- Powder-coated and silk screened aluminum.
- Red and white.
A prism pole, also known as range pole, is a measuring tool used in land surveying and construction to determine distances and elevations. Centering rod widely used construction, land surveying, laboratory and so on.
Q1: What is prism pole?
A1: A prism pole is a tool used in surveying and construction to measure distance and elevation. It typically consists of a long, thin pole made of wood or metal, with markings or measurements along its length.
Q2: How does a prism pole work?
A2: The working principle of a prism pole is based on the principle of triangulation. The prism pole consists of a long, slender pole, usually made of aluminum or fiberglass, with a prism at the top. The prism reflects the light from a surveying instrument, such as a total station, back to the instrument.
Q3: What is the function of prism pole?
A3: In surveying, a prism pole or range rod is used for marking the positions of survey stations and sighting these stations as well as the survey points. It can also be used for ranging straight lines.
Tips: What are the advantages of prism pole?
- Increased accuracy. Prism poles allow for accurate measurements over long distances. The prism on the top of the pole reflects the laser beam back to the measuring instrument, providing a precise reading.
- Easy to use. Prism poles are lightweight and easy to set up, making them a convenient tool for surveyors and other professionals.
- Wide application. Prism poles can be used in a variety of applications, including land surveying, construction, and mapping.
- Durability. Prism poles are made from high-quality materials that are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions and rough handling.
- Safety. Prism poles are brightly colored and easy to see, making them a safe option for use in busy construction sites or other hazardous areas.
Thank you for buying industrial test and measurement equipment on sisco.com, all products sold by sisco and the partner cover a 12 months warranty, effective from the date of receiving the products.
What is covered?
sisco is responsible for providing free spare parts, and free technical support to assist the customer to repair the defective products until the problem is solved.
What is not covered?
- Product purchased from anyone other than a sisco store or a sisco authorized reseller.
- Expendable parts.
- Routine cleaning or normal cosmetic and mechanical wear.
- Damage from misuse, abuse or neglect.
- Damage from use of parts other than sisco approved.
- Damage from use outside the product’s usage or storage parameters.
- Damage from use of parts not sold by sisco.
- Damage from modification or incorporation into other products.
- Damage from repair or replacement of warranted parts by a service provider other than a sisco authorized service provider.
- Damage caused by the application environment not meeting the product usage requirements and the failure to perform preventive maintenance.