OTDR optical fiber tester supports both touch screen and physical button operation, one button can complete the measurement, event blind area down to 0.8m, attenuation blind area of 4m. Optical time domain reflectometer could save and generate standard curve files, large storage capacity, easy to realize analysis report printing, curve printing out graphs, convenient for project acceptance.
Friendly input interface, simulates computer keyboard input
- 5.6" touch screen, 7.4V/4.4Ah lithium battery.
OTDR optical fiber tester combines multi-dynamic range and wavelength.
- Support multiple measurement modes, touch LCD and keypad.
- Warning function to prevent OTDR module from being damaged by the optical signal in the fiber.
- Real-time measurement function for easy monitoring of fusion splicing process.
- Integrated 10mw visual fault locator.
- Integrated 8GB internal memory, over 80,000 sets of curve storage.
- PC remote access and control function, supporting the printing work of measurement reports.
OTDR (optical time domain reflectometer) uses the backward scattered light generated when the light propagates in the fiber to obtain attenuation information, which can be used to measure fiber attenuation, splice loss, fiber fault location and understand the loss distribution along the length of the fiber, etc. OTDR tester is an essential tool in fiber optic cable construction, maintenance, and monitoring.
Thank you for buying industrial test and measurement equipment on sisco.com, all products sold by sisco and the partner cover a 12 months warranty, effective from the date of receiving the products.
What is covered?
sisco is responsible for providing free spare parts, and free technical support to assist the customer to repair the defective products until the problem is solved.
What is not covered?
- Product purchased from anyone other than a sisco store or a sisco authorized reseller.
- Expendable parts.
- Routine cleaning or normal cosmetic and mechanical wear.
- Damage from misuse, abuse or neglect.
- Damage from use of parts other than sisco approved.
- Damage from use outside the product’s usage or storage parameters.
- Damage from use of parts not sold by sisco.
- Damage from modification or incorporation into other products.
- Damage from repair or replacement of warranted parts by a service provider other than a sisco authorized service provider.
- Damage caused by the application environment not meeting the product usage requirements and the failure to perform preventive maintenance.
Q1: What is an OTDR used for?
A1: OTDR is a fiber optic instrument used to characterize, troubleshoot and maintain optical communication networks. OTDR testing is performed by transmitting and analyzing pulsed laser light through an optical fiber.
Q2: What is fiber loss?
A2: Optical fiber loss is the attenuation per unit length of optical fiber in dB/km, the level of fiber loss directly affects the transmission distance or the distance between relay stations, therefore, understanding and reducing the loss of optical fiber is of great practical significance for fiber optic communication.
Q3: What is an optical time domain reflectometer?
A3: The optical time domain reflectometer is a fiber optic tester used to test the characteristics of optical communication networks. OTDR is designed to detect, locate and measure events at any location on a fiber optic link. OTDR requires access to only one end of the link and works in a manner similar to a one-dimensional radar system. By providing graphical trace characteristics of the fiber under test, the user can obtain a graphical representation of the entire fiber link.
Tips: Why choose sisco optical time domain reflectometer?
- Automatic measurement mode: No need to select the measurement distance and pulse width, the system will automatically pre-determine the length of the fiber line, and automatically select the appropriate measurement range and measurement pulse width, the trace can also choose to automatically save or manually save, convenient for data analysis.
- Multi-wavelength measurement mode: In the parameter setting, you can choose to use dual-wavelength test mode, the system will automatically switch wavelengths for measurement, to achieve the same section of fiber using different measurement wavelengths for loss measurement, for data analysis.
- Multi-trace analysis function: comparison and display analysis between any trace files can be realized, and up to 4 traces can be displayed simultaneously.
- Large capacity lithium-ion polymer battery: long standby time, can be used for long time measurement.
- In-line light detection: effective protection for test instruments and communication equipment.
- Dual operation modes: pure screen touch operation or pure physical button operation, all functions can be achieved, convenient for different use habits of engineers.
- Data analysis: the device can save and generate standard curve files. Easy to achieve analysis report printing, curve printing out graphs, convenient for project acceptance.