Digital refractometer can accurately measure the specific gravity of coolant and the freezing point of antifreeze. Portable coolant refractometer adopts a high-definition prism, has temperature compensation, and various measurement ranges. sisco refractometers are widely used in the management of cleaning fluid of metalworking parts and the configuration of coolant, antifreeze, quenching liquid, etc.
Pure Copper Movement
The pure copper movement is the core accessory of the sisco refractometer, which plays an important role in improving the durability and accuracy of the fuselage. The refractometer body is made of aluminum alloy, durable, and resistant to corrosion and dirt.
High-quality Refractometer Prisms
Precision optical prism display, high uniformity, no crack, good transparency, high dispersion, small temperature coefficient, not affected by humidity.
Upgrade the Eyepiece
The telescopic observation eyepiece of the Brix refractometer has adjustable focal length, long service life, clear scale display and more accurate reading.
Temperature Compensation Sheet
High accuracy, with automatic temperature compensation, adopt high-quality temperature compensation sheet to avoid the influence of temperature on measurement results.
sisco digital refractometers are often used for:
- Food and beverage industry: The Brix refractometer can measure the Brix or concentration or salinity of raw materials or semi-finished products and finished products, or online detection of concentration in the production process. Test samples such as cola, fruit juice, tea drinks and other sugar-sweetened beverages, jam, honey, sugar, syrup and other sugar-sweetened foods, condiments, sauces or soups, soy milk, vegetable protein, etc.
- Flavor and fragrance industry: The portable refractive index is measured by a refractometer for qualitative inspection and judgment of purity.
- Textile printing industry: The refractometer can be used for starch determination, fixative determination, organic solvent concentration monitoring (DMF, DMSO, etc.), and slurry concentration determination.
- Chemical industry: The refractometer can measure and monitor the concentration of various organic and inorganic substances, as well as the concentration of cleaning solutions.
- Automobile transportation industry: The refractometer can measure the concentration of battery fluid, refrigerant, and snow-melting agents, such as the concentration and freezing temperature of the refrigerant in car maintenance.
- Metal processing: The coolant refractometer can monitor the concentration of cleaning fluid, cutting oil and cleaning fluid in the electronics industry.
1. Brix Refractometer Operation Flow
- Open the cover and carefully clean the inspection prism with a soft cloth.
- Take a few drops of the tested solution and place it on the detection prism. Then gently close the cover to avoid air bubbles and allow the solution to spread over the prism surface. Align light source or bright spot, eyes observe the view field through the eyepiece.
- Turn the adjustment handwheel of the eyepiece to make the blue-white boundary of the view field clear. The scale value of the dividing line is the concentration of a solution.
2. Alcohol/Brix Refractometer Calibration Steps
- Open the daylight plate, and place 2-3 drops of distilled water on the main prism. Close the daylight plate so the water spreads across the entire surface of the prism without air bubbles or dry spots. Allow the sample to temperature adjust on the prism for approximately 30 seconds before going to step #2. (This allows the sample to adjust to the ambient temperature of the refractometer)
- Hold the daylight plate in the direction of a light source and look into the eyepiece. You will see a circular field with graduations down the center (you may have to focus the eyepiece to see the graduations clearly). The upper portion of the field should be blue, while the lower portion should be white.
- Look into the eyepiece and turn the Calibration Screw until the boundary between the upper blue field and the lower white field meet exactly on the zero scales, as shown in the image. That is the end of the calibration process. Make sure the ambient room temperature is correct for the solution you are using (20℃/68℉). When the working temperature of the room or environment (not the sample) changes by more than5℉, we recommend recalibrating to maintain accuracy. If the instrument is equipped with an Automatic Temperature Compensation system, the ambient working temperature of the room must be 20℃ (68℉) whenever the instrument is recalibrated. Once calibrated, shifts in ambient temperature within the acceptable range (10℃~30℃ ) should not affect accuracy.
(Note: The pictures shown in the steps are only as a reference.)
3. Alcohol/Brix Refractometer Use Steps
- Place a few drops of the sample to be tested onto the main prism, close the daylight plate and check the reading.
- Take the reading where the boundary line of blue and white crosses the graduated scale.
- The scale will provide a direct reading of the concentration.
Tips: How to maintain Brix refractometer?
- Accurate measurement depends on careful calibration. The prism and sample must be at the same temperature for accurate results.
- Do not expose the potable refractometer to damp working conditions, and do not immerse the refractometer in water. If the refractometer becomes foggy, water has entered the body. Call a qualified service technician to solve it.
- Do not measure abrasive or corrosive chemicals with a sisco refractometer. They can damage the prism coating.
- Clean the refractometer between each measurement using a soft, damp cloth. Failure to
- clean the prism on a regular basis will lead to inaccurate results and damage to the prism coating.
- The digital refractometer is an optical meter, It requires careful handling and storage.
- Failure to do so can result in damage to the optical components and their basic structure. With care, the refractometer will provide years of reliable service.
Thank you for buying industrial test and measurement equipment on sisco.com, all products sold by sisco and the partner cover a 12 months warranty, effective from the date of receiving the products.
What is covered?
sisco is responsible for providing free spare parts, and free technical support to assist the customer to repair the defective products until the problem is solved.
What is not covered?
- Product purchased from anyone other than a sisco store or a sisco authorized reseller.
- Expendable parts.
- Routine cleaning or normal cosmetic and mechanical wear.
- Damage from misuse, abuse or neglect.
- Damage from use of parts other than sisco approved.
- Damage from use outside the product’s usage or storage parameters.
- Damage from use of parts not sold by sisco.
- Damage from modification or incorporation into other products.
- Damage from repair or replacement of warranted parts by a service provider other than a sisco authorized service provider.
- Damage caused by the application environment not meeting the product usage requirements and the failure to perform preventive maintenance.