Digital ultrasonic thickness gauge with 0.001mm resolution, especially suitable for the thickness measurement of thin-walled materials, like car body sheets, fire/security doors and extinguishers, etc. High resolution 0.001mm, 500 to 9999 m/s (0.0197 to 0.3939 in/μs) material velocity range, and clear OLED screen are available.
Digital ultrasonic thickness gauge can directly measure the material's thickness without removing paint.
- High resolution 0.001mm
- Real-time A-Scan with adjustable gain, range, blanking, etc.
- Designed for the thin workpiece, with a lower measurement limit of 0.2mm
- 2.4" QVGA (320×240 pixels) OLED color display
- With coating measurement, the ultrasonic thickness tester can measure the net thickness of the substrate without removing the paintings.
- Unique multi-wave calibration mode, all thickness values have undergone 3~9 echo calibrations, and the results are more reliable and accurate.
- Digital ultrasonic thickness gauge can store 100,000 thickness values and 1000 waveforms (PM-5DL Only)
sisco handheld ultrasonic thickness gauge is used to measure metallic and non-metallic materials, including plastic, steel, PVC and glass plates and pipes. It can be widely used in manufacturing, metal processing and other fields, and can also perform corrosion and thinning detection on various pipes and pressure vessels in manufacturing facilities.
||2.4" QVGA (320×240) true color OLED screen, contrast 10000:1
- Interface-Echo Mode( I-E): for thick material
- Echo-Echo Mode (E-E): for the thin material and through coating measurement
- Multiple Echo Verify Mode (ME-E): All the thickness values have been checked 3 to 9 times of echos, which makes the result more reliable and accurate
- Auto Mode: The instrument selects the measuring mode automatically according to the different materials being tested.
|Measuring Range (Steel)
- Interface-Echo Mode: 1.5mm-27mm
- Echo-Echo Mode: 0.25mm-13.5mm
- Multiple Echo Verify Mode: 0.25mm-9mm
- Auto Mode: 0.25mm-27mm
- A-SCAN: Displays the whole RF echo or half-waveform after rectifying
- B-SCAN: Time-based B-Scan, displays the profile of the workpiece
- Big Thickness Value: The conventional display of the thickness value
- Difference/Thickness Thinning Rate: Display the difference between the real thickness value and the preset thickness value, and the percentage of the thinning value
- Min./Max. Capture: Display the current thickness value, Min. value and Max. value at the same time
||0.001 mm or 0.01mm (0.0001 in or 0.001 in)
||Inch or Millimeter
||Real time continuously adjustable, adjustable range 41dB
||Selectable 4Hz, 8Hz, 16Hz
|Material Velocity Range
||500 to 9999 m/s (0.0197 to 0.3939 in/μs)
||Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese
||Dynamically change the color of the thickness value when the measuring value exceeds the upper limit or lower limit of the preset
||YES (See table below)
||Two AA size batteries
||Approximately 35 hours
||Selectable ALWAYS ON or AUTO OFF after 5, 10, or 20 minutes of no operation
||-10℃ to +50℃
||280g including batteries
SISCO-PM-5DL Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge Data Logger
||100,000 thickness readings, 1000 waveforms, 400 files
|Rows × Columns
||USB 2.0 full-speed port
||DataView PC Software
Q1: What is an ultrasonic thickness gauge?
The ultrasonic thickness gauge is improved based on the principle of ultrasonic measurement. It can measure the thickness of metals and other materials and can measure the sound speed of the material. The sisco ultrasonic thickness gauge is a portable thickness meter that can measure the thickness of various pipes and pressure vessels in production equipment, as well as accurately measure various sheets and machined parts.
Q2: How does an ultrasonic thickness gauge work?
sisco ultrasonic thickness gauge offers through-coating thickness measuring capability. It measures the thickness of an object by precisely calculating the times the probe sends an ultrasonic pulse to the object and passes through the object until the probe receives the reflection from the boundary. The ultrasonic pipe thickness gauge adopts the most advanced microprocessor and ultrasonic technology and has the characteristics of zero drift, reliable and stable reading, and no need for zero calibration. You can now test painted objects without removing paint or correcting paint thickness.
Q3: 4 Measurement methods of ultrasound thickness gauge
- Single-point measurement method: It means that the ultrasound thickness gauge is used to measure any point of the measured material with a probe, and the display value is the thickness value.
- Two-point measurement method: The ultrasound thickness meter is used to make two measurements at the same point of the measured material with a probe. In the second measurement, the probe's split surface is 90 degrees, and the smaller value in the two measurements is the thickness value.
- Multi-point measurement method: When the measurement value is unstable, take a measuring point as the center and make multiple measurements in a circle with a diameter of about 30 mm. The minimum value is the thickness value.
- Continuous measurement method: It uses a single-point measurement method to measure continuously along a designated line with an interval of not less than 5 mm. The minimum value is the thickness value.
Tips: Functions of ultrasonic thickness gauge probe
- It is the transmitted ultrasonic pulse.
- The probe of the ultrasonic thickness gauge converts the returned sound waves into electrical pulses.
- The probe can control the working frequency, suitable for different material measurements.
Thank you for buying industrial test and measurement equipment on sisco.com, all products sold by sisco and the partner cover a 12 months warranty, effective from the date of receiving the products.
What is covered?
sisco is responsible for providing free spare parts, and free technical support to assist the customer to repair the defective products until the problem is solved.
What is not covered?
- Product purchased from anyone other than a sisco store or a sisco authorized reseller.
- Expendable parts.
- Routine cleaning or normal cosmetic and mechanical wear.
- Damage from misuse, abuse or neglect.
- Damage from use of parts other than sisco approved.
- Damage from use outside the product’s usage or storage parameters.
- Damage from use of parts not sold by sisco.
- Damage from modification or incorporation into other products.
- Damage from repair or replacement of warranted parts by a service provider other than a sisco authorized service provider.
- Damage caused by the application environment not meeting the product usage requirements and the failure to perform preventive maintenance.