The handy clamp-on meter accurately measures AC/DC current, AC/DC voltage, capacitance, temperature, TRMS and NCV, making it a very useful tool for solving industrial and household electrical problems.
- Press the HOLD button to turn on the backlight function after two seconds for clearer reading.
- For a low-light working environment or at night, turn on mA/A and press HOLD for two seconds to turn on the LED flashlight.
Switch buzzer test
- Turn on the switch or press the FUNC button, the instrument emits a bee sound (< 0.25s).
- Full range, overload protection.
The clamp meter is one of the necessary test tools in daily maintenance work, mainly used to test voltage, current, frequency and other related parameters, requiring its high test resolution, test accuracy, and more test functions. Applications mainly include industrial control, industrial equipment, commercial, industrial, and residential electrical systems, and HVAC.
Q1: What is a clamp meter?
Q1: A clamp meter is a device used to measure current conveniently and safely. It is very efficient to measure current without using test leads. To measure
current, all you have to do is place a wire in the jaws of the clamp meter. When current flows through a conductor, a magnetic field is created. The device helps to detect magnetic fields so that it can provide corresponding current readings, the sisco clamp meter can also be used as a multimeter.
Q2: How a clamp meter works?
A2: Clamp meters work on the principle of magnetic induction and measure alternating current without contact. Like every conductor, the current flowing
through the wire creates a magnetic field. Hall effect sensors detect the magnetic field produced by the current, which in turn creates a small voltage
across the sensor.
Q3: How often does a clamp meter need to be calibrated?
A3: A clamp meter typically needs to be calibrated annually to ensure it continues to measure within sisco's specifications.
Tips: How to measure AC current with a clamp meter?
A clamp-on meter is a special digital multimeter with a clamp-on head for measuring current. So when using the clamp meter head to measure AC current, make sure the test probe is removed from the clamp meter. Then follow the steps below step by step.
- Turn the measurement function selection dial to AC current.
- Press the trigger to open the clamp, extend the wire to be measured into the center of the clamp, and then slowly release the trigger until the clamp is completely closed.
- Read the measurement result from the LCD.
Thank you for buying industrial test and measurement equipment on sisco.com, all products sold by sisco and the partner cover a 12 months warranty, effective from the date of receiving the products.
What is covered?
sisco is responsible for providing free spare parts, and free technical support to assist the customer to repair the defective products until the problem is solved.
What is not covered?
- Product purchased from anyone other than a sisco store or a sisco authorized reseller.
- Expendable parts.
- Routine cleaning or normal cosmetic and mechanical wear.
- Damage from misuse, abuse or neglect.
- Damage from use of parts other than sisco approved.
- Damage from use outside the product’s usage or storage parameters.
- Damage from use of parts not sold by sisco.
- Damage from modification or incorporation into other products.
- Damage from repair or replacement of warranted parts by a service provider other than a sisco authorized service provider.
- Damage caused by the application environment not meeting the product usage requirements and the failure to perform preventive maintenance.