Illumination is closely related to people's lives. Adequate light can prevent people from accidents. Conversely, too little light can cause fatigue far beyond the eyes themselves. Therefore, uncomfortable or poor lighting conditions are one of the main causes of accidents and fatigue. To live in an environment that is more conducive to our health, the use of lux meters has become our first choice. But how to buy a lux meter that suits you? Generally, we have to consider the following points when shopping.
Small Size and Lightweight: Lux meter use opportunity is very wide, the use of the time is often in different places, so the portable body of small, light weight for the first prerequisite for the lux meter.
Accuracy: The accuracy of a lux meter has a lot to do with whether it is good or bad. Of course, it is also closely related to its price, so a reasonable price to buy a high-accuracy lux meter is necessary, generally the accuracy of the error does not exceed ± 15% is appropriate.
Color Compensation: Types of light sources are all over the place, some of the longer wavelengths in favor of red high-pressure lamps, or shorter wavelengths of blue-violet systems, such as fluorescent lamps, there is a more even distribution of such as incandescent bulbs series, the same lux meter for different wavelengths of its sensitivity may be slightly different, so the appropriate compensation is necessary.
Cosine Compensation: As we all know, the brightness of the illuminated surface and the angle of incidence of the light source. For the same reason, when using a light meter to do measurements, the sensor and the angle of incidence of the light source will naturally have an impact on the lux meter reading. Therefore, a good lux meter that has a cosine compensation function should not be ignored.
- Measuring Range and Resolution: The measuring range of a lux meter refers to the minimum and maximum illuminance values it can measure. Depending on your application requirements, choose a lux meter that can cover your expected measurement range. Also important is resolution, which is the smallest change in illuminance that the lux meter can distinguish. Higher resolution provides more accurate measurements.
- Accuracy and Calibration: The accuracy of a lux meter is very important, especially in applications that require precise measurements. Check the accuracy specifications in the product description and find out if the lux meter requires periodic calibration. Choose a reliable lux meter model to ensure you get accurate measurements.
- Type of Light-Sensitive Element: Lux meters use different types of light-sensitive elements such as photoresistors, photodiodes, etc. Different types of elements may respond differently to different light sources, so choose the right type of photosensitive element for your application scenario.
- Measurement Angle and Directionality: Some lux meters have a specific measurement angle or directionality, i.e. the lux meter can only measure in a specific direction. Depending on your needs, choose a lux meter with suitable directionality or omnidirectional measurement.
- Displays and Data Logging Features: Some lux meters are equipped with built-in displays, such as LCD displays, that show measurement results directly. In addition, some advanced models may have a data logging feature that allows you to record the data from your lux meter measurements for subsequent analysis.
- Data Transfer and Connectivity: If you wish to import your measurement data to a computer or other device for analysis, choose a lux meter with data transfer capabilities. Some lux meters support connectivity methods such as USB, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi.
- Power Type: The lux meter can use batteries or rechargeable batteries as a power source. Choose the right type of power supply according to your usage scenario and convenience requirements.
- Lightness and Portability: Consider whether you need to carry the illuminance meter for mobile measurements. Handheld digital illuminance meters, for example, are lightweight and portable, both of which are important considerations in your choice is a lux meter.
- Brand and Reliability: Choose a lux meter from a reputable brand, they usually offer higher quality and reliability. Check user ratings and professional reviews to learn about other users' experiences before you buy.
- Extra Features and Accessories: Some lux meters may have additional features such as spectral analysis, color temperature measurement, etc. Consider these extra features according to your needs.
- After-sales Service and Warranty: Understand the product's after-sales service policy and warranty period. This is very important for the use of the process when problems arise. sisco online shop has professional engineers and service consulting, not only to provide the purchase and use, to help you answer all kinds of questions as well as professional technical support, there are also a variety of models of high-quality lux meter to choose from, if you have the need, welcome to click to visit, we are happy to serve you.
To summarize, the purchase of a lux meter needs to be based on your application needs, accuracy requirements, functional requirements, budget and product reliability, and other factors. Carefully compare the features of different models of lux meters to ensure that the lux meter you choose will meet your measurement needs and provide reliable measurement results.