High quality linear encoder is available with a resolution 0.5µm, 1µm or 5µm, length 350mm, 500mm, 700mm, and signal output TTL or RS422. The linear scale is widely used in milling, grinding, lathe and EDM machines.
Linear scale for digital readout, milling machine, video measuring machine and profile projector.
- Long-distance transmissions are above 100 meters without any extra transceiver.
- Five bearings in the sliding section ensure excellent repetitive positioning.
- Multiple layers of insulated mesh and a soft metal protective outer shell applied to the signal cable ensure reliable waterproof properties and good anti-interference.
- Made of special plastics, the dustproof slice is resistant to scratches, corrosion and friction.
Motion speed of linear scale over 60 meters per minute.
- The anodized aluminum alloy scale body and chrome-plated scale end bring excellent anti-corrosive properties.
- sisco linear scale has well-designed components to allow easy installation and maintenance. Good waterproof and dustproof properties contribute to a long lifespan.
- Glass precision metrological grating is used as the measuring indicator of the sensor.
The linear scale can be combined with the digital grating to form a grating measuring system for precise and accurate stroke measurement. It can also be used in the processing and measuring industries, such as lathes, milling machines, grinders, and EDM machines.
|Effective Movement Length
||±（3+3L0/1000) µm (or even higher)
||TTL or RS422
||There is an RI every 50mm (1.9")
||When L0=50~1000mm, it is one file every 50mm
|When L0=1000～3000mm, it is one file per 100mm.
|Maximum Stroke Within 1000mm
||Scale Length: 3.5m (11 feet)
|Maximum Stroke Within 1000-1500mm
||Scale Length: 5.0m (16 feet)
|Maximum Stroke above 1600mm
||Scale Length: 10m (32 feet)
||Max, 5V, 40mA
Note: After purchasing one SISCO linear scale, you can buy a digital readout for a milling machine, lathes or table saw fence.
Dimensions (Unit: mm)
Linear Scale Output Signal
Linear Encoder Plug Types
Q1: What is a linear scale?
A1: The linear scale is a measurement feedback device that works with the optical principle of the grating. The linear scale is often used in the closed-loop servo system of the CNC machine tool and can be used for the detection of linear displacement or angular displacement. The signal output by the linear scale is a digital pulse, which has the characteristics of a large detection range, high detection accuracy and fast response speed.
A2: How does a linear scale work?
Q2: This linear scale is a kind of transmission amplitude grating, and the principle is, when the opposite travel main grating and the subordinate grating occurs, the Moire grid/line is generated. This change will be transferred into an electric signal through the precise photo-electric exchanger, and then the digital signal at the relative travel is output after it is processed by the signal processing circuit.
Q3: The requirements of the linear scale working conditions
- Do not use the device in an atmosphere charged with inflammable gases. Do not use it in the condition of metal powder, oil, water or dust.
- Do not disclose it in the bitter sunshine or high temperature. the ambient working temperature should range from 0℃~~40℃.
- Be far away from the strong acid and alkalis as well as chemicals.
- Keep the signal cable of the linear scale far from the power cords as possible.
- Take the way of installation into consideration when using the device in situations of high voltage, strong current or magnetic field. do well in isolating the haphazard signals and avoid the disturbance of such.
Tips: How to maintain a linear scale?
- Check the device after uncovering the package. Please immediately contact the dealer as soon as possible if the components are not complete or the malfunction needs settling.
- Do not disassemble or modify it at your wishes.
- Do not clean the dust on or around the read-head and the moveable body with forced strength or air, for it may result in the dust dropping in the interior of the moveable body.
Thank you for buying industrial test and measurement equipment on sisco.com, all products sold by sisco and the partner cover a 12 months warranty, effective from the date of receiving the products.
What is covered?
sisco is responsible for providing free spare parts, and free technical support to assist the customer to repair the defective products until the problem is solved.
What is not covered?
- Product purchased from anyone other than a sisco store or a sisco authorized reseller.
- Expendable parts.
- Routine cleaning or normal cosmetic and mechanical wear.
- Damage from misuse, abuse or neglect.
- Damage from use of parts other than sisco approved.
- Damage from use outside the product’s usage or storage parameters.
- Damage from use of parts not sold by sisco.
- Damage from modification or incorporation into other products.
- Damage from repair or replacement of warranted parts by a service provider other than a sisco authorized service provider.
- Damage caused by the application environment not meeting the product usage requirements and the failure to perform preventive maintenance.