Get the best earth resistance tester with an 0.010Ω~1000Ω measure range, audible and visible alarm, data memory and data hold online. When using a ground resistance meter to measure the loop earth system, there is no need to disconnect the grounding down leads and auxiliary grounding electrode, Non-contact measurement is safe and fast.
Digital earth resistance tester is available with a 32mm clamp and 0.010Ω~1000Ω measure range.
sisco earth resistance meter is a major technological breakthrough in traditional grounding resistance measurement. It is widely used in the grounding resistance measurement of electric power, telecommunications, meteorology, oilfield, construction and industrial and electrical equipment.
Digital earth resistance tester, in the measurement of a grounding system with loop current, does not require disconnecting the grounding wire and needs no auxiliary electrode. It is safe, fast and simple to use.
It is an insulation resistance tester equipped with double-protecting insulation.
It is an insulation resistance tester that can measure out the faults beyond the reach of the traditional methods and can be applied on occasions, not in the range of the traditional methods, can also measure the integrated value of the grounding body resistance and the grounding lead resistance.
The ground resistance meter is equipped with either a long jaw, which is particularly suitable for the occasion of grounding with flat steel. It is also able to measure the leakage current and the neutral current in the grounding system.
sisco earth resistance tester is available with a measuring range of 0.00Ω-300kΩ. The clamp earth resistance tester is widely applied in ground resistance measurement, and loop resistance measurement in fields such as electric power, telecommunications, meteorology, oil field, architecture and industrial electrical equipment, etc. When measuring the ground system with a loop, there is no need to disconnect the ground wire without an auxiliary electrode.
Q1: What is a clamp-on earth resistance tester?
A1: The clamp-on earth resistance tester can measure the connection resistance of any looped system without using an auxiliary ground rod or interrupting the grounding of the equipment under test. As long as the ground wire or ground rod is clamped with the clamp head, the ground resistance can be measured safely and quickly. It can also be applied to multiple parallel grounding systems. The clamp-on ground resistance tester can measure the leakage current of 1MA, and the neutral line current can reach 20A. This function is especially important when the ground network to be tested contains large noise and harmonics.
Q2: How does a clamp ground resistance tester work?
A2: The basic principle of the clamp ground resistance tester to measure the grounding resistance is to measure the loop resistance. The jaw part of the clamp meter consists of a voltage coil and a current coil. The voltage coil provides the excitation signal and induces a potential E on the loop under the test. Under the action of the potential E, a current I will be generated in the circuit under test. The clamp meter measures E and I, and the measured resistance R can be obtained by the following formula. The formula is R=E/I. This is how a clamp-on ground resistance tester works.
Q3: What is the earth resistance tester used for?
A3: The ground resistance tester can accurately measure the grounding impedance, grounding resistance and grounding reactance of large grounding grids.
- It accurately measures the surface potential gradient in the large-scale grounding grid area.
- Earth resistance tester can measure the contact potential difference, contact voltage, step potential difference and step voltage of large grounding grids.
- Measure the transfer potential of large-scale grounding grids and soil resistivity accurately.
- Digital earth resistance tester is used to measure the on-resistance of the grounding down-conductor.
Tips for measuring ground resistance
- When measuring grounding resistance with an AC power supply, an independent power supply, usually a separate transformer, should be used, and the neutral point and grounding point should be open to prevent errors caused by shunting or current failure. The voltage level is estimated based on the current loop impedance and the required current.
- In many substations, the overhead ground wire of the transmission line is connected with the grounding device of the substation, which will affect the measurement results of the grounding resistance of the grounding device of the substation. The lightning conductor of the line is disconnected from the electrical connection of the grounding device of the substation.
- Because a large current needs to be injected into the current pole, it will cause harm to nearby people and animals. Therefore, special personnel must be supervised during the measurement.
- During the test, the current leadership must flow a larger current, therefore, the current loop must have a larger wire cross-section.
Thank you for buying industrial test and measurement equipment on sisco.com, all products sold by sisco and the partner cover a 12 months warranty, effective from the date of receiving the products.
What is covered?
sisco is responsible for providing free spare parts, and free technical support to assist the customer to repair the defective products until the problem is solved.
What is not covered?
- Product purchased from anyone other than a sisco store or a sisco authorized reseller.
- Expendable parts.
- Routine cleaning or normal cosmetic and mechanical wear.
- Damage from misuse, abuse or neglect.
- Damage from use of parts other than sisco approved.
- Damage from use outside the product’s usage or storage parameters.
- Damage from use of parts not sold by sisco.
- Damage from modification or incorporation into other products.
- Damage from repair or replacement of warranted parts by a service provider other than a sisco authorized service provider.
- Damage caused by the application environment not meeting the product usage requirements and the failure to perform preventive maintenance.