Q1: Can an oscilloscope measure DC voltage?
A1: DC voltage can be measured using either an oscilloscope or a digital multimeter. Each piece of testing equipment has its advantages and disadvantages.
Q2: What is the maximum frequency for the oscilloscope?
A2: System bandwidth determines an oscilloscope's fundamental ability to measure an analog signal - the maximum frequency range that it can accurately measure. Entry-level scopes will often have a maximum bandwidth of 100 MHz. They can accurately (within 2%) show the amplitudes of sine-wave signals up to 20 MHz.
Q3: What is the record length for an oscilloscope?
A3: The record length, measured in points or samples, divided by the sample rate (in Samples/second) specifies the total time (in seconds) that is acquired. Example: With a record length of 1 M points and a sample rate of 250 MSa/sec, the oscilloscope will capture a signal of 4 msec in length.
Tips: How to fix a digital storage oscilloscope?
- The measured voltage amplitude is 10 times larger or smaller than the actual value: Check if the attenuation factor in the channel setting menu matches the actual attenuation ratio of the probe used.
- The waveform is displayed, but cannot be stabilized:
- Check if the source item in the trigger mode menu matches the actual signal channel used.
- Check the trigger type item: general signal should use edge trigger mode, and video signal should use video trigger mode. If alternate trigger is selected, the trigger level of both channels should be adjusted at the appropriate position. Only when the suitable trigger method is applied, the waveform can be displayed stably.
- Try to change the trigger coupling to high-frequency suppression and low-frequency suppression to filter out high-frequency or low-frequency noise that interferes with the trigger.
3. Press the Run/Stop key without any display: Check if the trigger mode of the Trigger Mode menu is in Normal or Single and the trigger level is out of the waveform range. If so, center the trigger level or set the trigger mode to Auto. Alternatively, press Autoset to complete the above settings automatically.