Portable methane gas detector is the best choice for monitoring CH4. It is equipped with an infrared methane gas sensor, built-in sampling pump, 0 to 100% Vol measuring range, sound, light and vibration alarm, long lifetime, fast detection and high accuracy.
Gas detectors can detect methane (CH4) quickly
- sisco portable methane (CH4) gas detector has an LCD dot matrix display to directly read out the gas type, unit, concentration, local time, etc.
- English/Chinese operations are supported.
- Gas concentration unit PPM and mg/m3 can be shifted quickly.
- Built-in micro-sampling pump, 10 grades of suction are available.
USB interface to transfer data at high speed
- The handheld methane detector can download and print the stored data (optional).
- There is no need for personnel to manually record data in real-time, and the data is automatically stored in the instrument.
- Historical data can be viewed on the instrument or downloaded to a computer.
- USB interface, fast and convenient charging.
sisco handheld methane (CH4) gas detector, pump-suction type, adopts infrared methane gas sensor for CH4 concentration detection and it's widely applied in gas stations, gas pipeline leak detection, Methane pipeline purity measurement, laboratories or some confined spaces, etc.
||Pumping suction, the flow rate can be up to 750ml/min
|Range (Optional) *
||0-100% LEL, 0-50% VOL, 0-100% VOL
||1% LEL, 0.01% VOL
|Data Logging (Optional Function)
||High speed data transmission by USB, available for data downloading and printing (The built-in IC card has about 2G memory, which can record 100,000 sets of data.)
||Sound, light and vibration
||LCD dot matrix display
||3.7V rechargeable lithium battery, 3.7 Watt (Charger included: Input AC 100-240V 50/60Hz with optional USA, Europe or UK plug)
||100h (Pump off)
||Mini USB interface supports standard MODBUS communication protocol
||Ex ia IIC T4
* If you need a CH4 gas detector with other measuring ranges unlisted in the above table, please inform us of your operating environment to help you choose an appropriate one for your application.
* Other portable gas detectors are also provided, you can refer to SISCO Gas Detector Catalog to get the specific gas type and measurement range. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Calibration kit - gas pressure regulator (calibration gas cylinder NOT included)
- Body Material: Stainless steel
- Input Range of Pressure Gauge: 0-25MPa
- Output Range of Pressure Gauge: 0-0.6Mpa
- Gauge Class: 2.5
- Input Pressure: ≤15MPa
- Output Pressure: ≤0.45MPa
- Rated Flow: 0.6 m3/h
- Connection: Inlet: W21.8-14 teeth/inch (levorotation, dextrorotation) ; Outlet: Ф6 flexible tube
- 1 × CH4 Gas Detector
- 1 × Carrying Case
- 1 × AC Adapter
- 1 × User Manual
Q1: What is a gas detector?
A1: A gas detector is an instrument for gas leakage concentration detection, including a portable gas detector, handheld gas detector, fixed gas detector, online gas detector, etc.
Q2: What does a gas detector detect?
A2: Combustible gases: Natural gas (methane), liquefied gas, coal gas (hydrogen), acetylene, pentane, alkynes, acetone, toluene, alcohols, hydrocarbons, light oil, etc.
Toxic gases: Carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulfide, ammonia, chlorine, oxygen, phosphine, sulfur dioxide, hydrogen chloride, chlorine dioxide and other toxic and harmful gases.
Q3: What is ppm of gas detector?
A3: Parts per million or "ppm" is often used as a fractional measure of concentration. For example, a methane (molecular) concentration of 2% means that 2 out of every 100 air molecules are methane. Likewise, a methane concentration of 2 ppm means that 2 out of every 1 million air molecules are methane.
5 Tips for Using a Handheld Gas Detector
- Carefully read the instruction manual corresponding to the gas detector before the operation, and be familiar with the performance and operation methods of the machine.
- Check whether the battery power is sufficient. If the battery power is found to be insufficient, replace the battery in time.
- Check whether the air filter of the air inlet is blocked by debris and whether the blockage needs to be cleaned or replaced.
- Press and hold the start button for three seconds during startup to enter the self-test state, and observe whether the low alarm value and high alarm value of the detector are set accurately (the first-level alarm of the CO detector is 50ppm, the second-level alarm is 100ppm; the oxygen detector one The first-level alarm reports 19.5%, the second-level alarm reports 22%; the first-level alarm of the hydrogen sulfide detector is 10 ppm, and the second-level alarm is 15ppm).
- During the self-inspection during the boot process, you should listen to the grading alarm sound and light alarm and vibration alarm for accuracy.
- Observe whether the initial value is accurate after starting the machine under fresh air conditions (the initial display of the CO detector is 0 ppm; the initial display of the O2 detector is 20.9%; the initial display of the hydrogen sulfide detector is 0 ppm).
Thank you for buying industrial test and measurement equipment on sisco.com, all products sold by sisco and the partner cover a 12 months warranty, effective from the date of receiving the products.
What is covered?
sisco is responsible for providing free spare parts, and free technical support to assist the customer to repair the defective products until the problem is solved.
What is not covered?
- Product purchased from anyone other than a sisco store or a sisco authorized reseller.
- Expendable parts.
- Routine cleaning or normal cosmetic and mechanical wear.
- Damage from misuse, abuse or neglect.
- Damage from use of parts other than sisco approved.
- Damage from use outside the product’s usage or storage parameters.
- Damage from use of parts not sold by sisco.
- Damage from modification or incorporation into other products.
- Damage from repair or replacement of warranted parts by a service provider other than a sisco authorized service provider.
- Damage caused by the application environment not meeting the product usage requirements and the failure to perform preventive maintenance.