Q1: What is hipot tester?
A1: AC-DC test transformer, using advanced production equipment, using the coil winding epoxy vacuum casting and CD-type core of the new technology, and similar products compared to oil-immersed transformers, significantly reduce the weight, reduce the volume, in quality to improve the insulation strength and resistance to moisture degree, and effectively weaken the leakage of magnetic and greatly enhance the transformer to withstand the impact of test short-circuit current capacity.
Q2: Is high voltage testing destructive?
A2: Hipot (or high potential testing) is a non-destructive test that goes by many names: overvoltage testing, dielectric breakdown testing, dielectric withstand testing, or insulation resistance testing. Some of all of these tests are designed to make sure that the insulation materials used in your motor are doing their job.
Q3: What is the difference between the hipot and the Megger?
A3: Both instruments apply a relatively high voltage to the insulator and absorb leakage current through the insulator commensurate with its insulation characteristics and condition. However, the megohmmeter gives the operator a measured value, while the hipot acts.
Tips: How to use Hipot testers?
- Hipot tester should be arranged with sufficient safety distance from people and surrounding areas. Try to avoid the arrangement of equipment and application of high voltage test leads on personnel walkways.
- The DC high-voltage test microammeter preferably at high potential. In addition to the shielding box, there should be an overcurrent automatic protection device to prevent the table from sudden breakdown or short-circuit discharge.
- When working frequency withstands voltage test, please pay attention to check whether the capacity of the equipment is sufficient and can avoid resonance.
- The working grounding line (high-voltage tail and grounding line at the end of the voltage regulator capacitor) and the protection grounding line (control box shell) should be grounded reliably respectively.
- If the power supply oscillates irregularly during the test, it will definitely affect the stability of the high-voltage output. In this case, please wait for the impact power supply such as welding to suspend for a period of time or look for other reasons.
- The test requirements for the climate (temperature, humidity) are in accordance with the requirements of the test procedure, and shielding measures must be taken if necessary.
- During the test, if the voltmeter pointer swings significantly, the ammeter indication increases sharply, or the test product has smoke, flashing, or abnormal burning sound. Should immediately stop the test, cut off the power supply, and check the cause.