1.5 kVA AC DC hipot tester has a small size, light weight, compact structure, no oil seepage, maintenance-free features, especially suitable for field testing, so that the heavy work becomes convenient, rapid, easy and flexible, the efficiency is greatly improved.
The coil is formed by vacuum-casting epoxy resin
- The magnetic flux leakage is effectively weakened, and the dielectric strength and moisture resistance are improved.
- The new type of coil epoxy vacuum casting and CD-type iron core technology has a compact structure and no oil leakage
Small size, light weight and compact structure
- Good safety and reliability, beautiful appearance.
- Simple and intuitive wiring, easy to use.
sisco hipot tester has a small size, lightweight, compact structure, full functionality, easy to use, and other characteristics. Hipot tester performance can meet the user's various special requirements sector, a variety of high-voltage electrical equipment, electrical components, and insulation materials for frequency withstand voltage test and DC leakage test, is an essential instrument in the high-voltage test.
||110V/ 120V/ 220V
|Weight (Transformer + Control Box)
|Surface Temperature Raising
|No Load Current
|Output Voltage Waveform
||AC DC Hipot Tester
Note: AC leakage current meter is not provided.
||Hipot Test Set (1 Control Box + 1.5 kVA Dry Transformer)
||Power Supply Cable
Q1: What is hipot tester?
A1: AC-DC test transformer, using advanced production equipment, using the coil winding epoxy vacuum casting and CD-type core of the new technology, and similar products compared to oil-immersed transformers, significantly reduce the weight, reduce the volume, in quality to improve the insulation strength and resistance to moisture degree, and effectively weaken the leakage of magnetic and greatly enhance the transformer to withstand the impact of test short-circuit current capacity.
Q2: Is high voltage testing destructive?
A2: Hipot (or high potential testing) is a non-destructive test that goes by many names: overvoltage testing, dielectric breakdown testing, dielectric withstand testing, or insulation resistance testing. Some of all of these tests are designed to make sure that the insulation materials used in your motor are doing their job.
Q3: What is the difference between the hipot and the Megger?
A3: Both instruments apply a relatively high voltage to the insulator and absorb leakage current through the insulator commensurate with its insulation characteristics and condition. However, the megohmmeter gives the operator a measured value, while the hipot acts.
Tips: How to use Hipot testers?
- Hipot tester should be arranged with sufficient safety distance from people and surrounding areas. Try to avoid the arrangement of equipment and application of high voltage test leads on personnel walkways.
- The DC high-voltage test microammeter preferably at high potential. In addition to the shielding box, there should be an overcurrent automatic protection device to prevent the table from sudden breakdown or short-circuit discharge.
- When working frequency withstands voltage test, please pay attention to check whether the capacity of the equipment is sufficient and can avoid resonance.
- The working grounding line (high-voltage tail and grounding line at the end of the voltage regulator capacitor) and the protection grounding line (control box shell) should be grounded reliably respectively.
- If the power supply oscillates irregularly during the test, it will definitely affect the stability of the high-voltage output. In this case, please wait for the impact power supply such as welding to suspend for a period of time or look for other reasons.
- The test requirements for the climate (temperature, humidity) are in accordance with the requirements of the test procedure, and shielding measures must be taken if necessary.
- During the test, if the voltmeter pointer swings significantly, the ammeter indication increases sharply, or the test product has smoke, flashing, or abnormal burning sound. Should immediately stop the test, cut off the power supply, and check the cause.
Thank you for buying industrial test and measurement equipment on sisco.com, all products sold by sisco and the partner cover a 12 months warranty, effective from the date of receiving the products.
What is covered?
sisco is responsible for providing free spare parts, and free technical support to assist the customer to repair the defective products until the problem is solved.
What is not covered?
- Product purchased from anyone other than a sisco store or a sisco authorized reseller.
- Expendable parts.
- Routine cleaning or normal cosmetic and mechanical wear.
- Damage from misuse, abuse or neglect.
- Damage from use of parts other than sisco approved.
- Damage from use outside the product’s usage or storage parameters.
- Damage from use of parts not sold by sisco.
- Damage from modification or incorporation into other products.
- Damage from repair or replacement of warranted parts by a service provider other than a sisco authorized service provider.
- Damage caused by the application environment not meeting the product usage requirements and the failure to perform preventive maintenance.