Q1: What is hipot tester?
A1: AC-DC test transformer, using advanced production equipment, using the coil winding epoxy vacuum casting and CD-type core of the new technology, and similar products compared to oil-immersed transformers, significantly reduce the weight, reduce the volume, in quality to improve the insulation strength and resistance to moisture degree, and effectively weaken the leakage of magnetic and greatly enhance the transformer to withstand the impact of test short-circuit current capacity.
Q2: Is high voltage testing destructive?
A2: Hipot (or high potential testing) is a non-destructive test that goes by many names: overvoltage testing, dielectric breakdown testing, dielectric withstand testing, or insulation resistance testing. Some of all of these tests are designed to make sure that the insulation materials used in your motor are doing their job.
Q3: What is the difference between the hipot and the Megger?
A3: Both instruments apply a relatively high voltage to the insulator and absorb leakage current through the insulator commensurate with its insulation characteristics and condition. However, the megohmmeter gives the operator a measured value, while the hipot acts.
Tips: Hipot testing operation precautions
1. The test personnel should do a good job in the division of responsibility, set a good test site safety distance, carefully check the grounding of the test article and test transformer, and have a person monitor the safety and observation of the test article state work.
2. The main parts of the test article should be cleaned and kept absolutely dry, so as not to damage the test article and bring an error of the test value.
3. For the test of large equipment generally should first test the transformer empty ascension test, that is, not connected to the test product when the voltage to the test voltage, in order to calibrate the meter indication accuracy, adjust the ball spacing of the discharge ball gap.
4. Do withstand voltage test when boosting speed can not be too fast, and to prevent sudden pressure, such as the regulator is not in the zero position of the sudden closure, and can not be a sudden power failure, generally should be in the regulator down to zero when the switch.
5. In the process of boosting or voltage test, if the following abnormalities are found, should immediately lower the voltage, cut off the power supply, stop the test and identify the cause.
- Voltage, ammeter pointer swinging a lot
- The test product issued an abnormal sound
- Found that the insulation has scorched or smoke phenomenon,